Our Story

..and they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people.  And the Lord added to the church such as should be saved.
-Acts 2: 46-47

February 1995

1420 Commerce Avenue, Longview, Washington – Pastor Larry Rogers began his first service with 14 people in a storefront building in downtown Longview.

April 1995

Longview Senior Center. 1111 Commerce Ave, Longview – Church officially started on Palm Sunday night at the rented Longview Senior Center.  That first Sunday night was attended by 44 people.  The following Sunday morning, 77 attended.

November 1995

The Masonic Lodge.  Maple Avenue, Longview – Services were held at the Senior Center until November, 1995 when, for the next 14 months, services would be held at the Masonic Lodge in Longview.

January 1997

Kelso High School Auditorium. Kelso, Washington – After a few months at Kelso High School, services were moved back to the Longview Senior Center.  Attendance hovered between 70 and 100 people; at the The Masonic Lodge attendance was in the 60’s.  New Horizon’s Church remained at the Senior Center until the purchase of the former Monticello Nursing Home in November, 1998.

Spring 1999

A New Building.  Kelso, Washington – Services held in the Spring of 1999 at our new (and current) location at 405 N 19th Avenue in Kelso. The building was extensively remodeled and when work was completed we held our grand opening in November, 1999.  In January, 2000 mid-week services began.